Home FAQs I am a Welcome Finance customer

Skip to content. | Skip to navigation

I am a Welcome Finance customer

  • What is happening with Welcome and the FSCS?

    On the 2nd March 2011 the FSCS (Financial Services Compensation Scheme, a government agency) declared Welcome Financial Services ("WFSL") in default. This is because the firm is unable, or likely to be unable, to pay claims against it in relation to PPI and other Insurances. WFSL sold a substantial number of PPI and other Insurance policies to its customers, and a declaration of default opens the way for those customers, and any others who might have valid claims against the firm that are protected by the FSCS, to make a claim.

    The FSCS is now responsible for PPI and other Insurance claims against WFSL for all policies sold on or after 14th January 2005. The FSCS is responsible for all decisions on claims, which are made in accordance with FSCS rules.

    The agreement with the FSCS does not affect your repayments on any existing loan. You should continue to pay your account in line with your agreement.

    If you believe you have a claim to make please contact the FSCS Customer Services Team on 0800 678 1100 or 0207 741 4100.

  • What should I do if I have claims relating to policies both before 14th January 2005 and after 14th January 2005?

    If your claim relates to a policy sold before 14th January 2005 you should contact us directly on 0333 999 9510.  If you also have a claim relating to a policy sold on or after 14th January 2005 you will need to contact the FSCS Customer Services Team on 0800 678 1100 or 0207 741 4100.

  • I understand that there have been some changes to Welcome Finance, how does this affect my loan?

    Welcome Finance is no longer lending to new customers and is in the process of closing the business down. However, if you are already a Welcome Finance customer and have a loan with us, then these changes will not affect the terms and conditions of your original agreement. As Welcome Finance progresses the close down of the business your account may be sold on to another company. If this is the case, this is not a reflection of your account and you will be notified in writing. It is important that you continue to pay your account balance.

  • Can I make repayments on my loan at my assigned Welcome Finance branch?

    The contact details can be found here for the Welcome office managing your account.

  • I'm moving home, what do I need to do?

    You should let us know as soon as you know you are moving house. You can do this by contacting us.

  • My bank details have changed, what do I need to do?

    If your bank details have changed you should contact us as soon as possible.

  • Can I access my personal information?

    Yes. We understand that sometimes paperwork goes missing. So, whether you’ve moved house and your filing is hidden under a pile of boxes, or it’s just plain lost, you should know that you have the right to get a copy of the information that we hold about you – all we need to know is what you would like.

    You can contact us in a number of different ways to get information about your accounts:

    Contact method

    What can we provide?

    0333 999 9510

    Our Customer Relations Team can give you verbal confirmation of your account details; things like your payment information, whether you purchased Payment Protection Insurance with your loan, updates on complaints / queries etc.

    Customer Relations
    Welcome Finance
    Mere Way
    Ruddington Fields Business Park
    NG11 6NZ

    You can also write to us and request paper copies of documents related to your account.



    Just like when you send us a letter through the post, we can consider information requests by e-mail – so long as it’s secure.

    If you’re writing to us to request your information, to avoid any delay in us responding to you, please bear the following in mind:

    What information would you like?



    Response Time

    A copy of the Credit Agreement for your personal or Hire Purchase loan and an up to date statement of account.

    Consumer Credit Agreement Request (CCA)



    12 Working Days

    (regulatory response time)

    A copy of the Regulated Mortgage Contract for your secured loan and an up to date statement of account.

    Regulated Mortgage Contract Request



    12 Working Days

    (usual response time)

    Everything we have.

    Data Subject Access Request (DSAR)


    30 Calendar Days

    (regulatory response time)


    What information do we need to identify you?

    To make sure there are no delays processing your request, please supply a minimum of three of the list below when you contact us:

    -       Full name (if you have changed your name since you had your loan with us, make sure to include proof of this)

    -       Your date of birth

    -       Your most recent address, and a list of any previous addresses that we may hold (this could be up to 20 years of address history)

    -       Any of your account numbers or customer numbers (if your request is specific, make sure you let us know which loan you would like information on - you can always call us if you’re not sure)


  • What should I do if I'm having difficulty making repayments?

    Should you encounter any kind of difficulty in relation to meeting your loan repayments either now or in the future please contact us so we can help. The more we know, the more we can do to help you.

    There are also free advice agencies you can contact who can help if you have difficulty making your payments to us such as:
    * StepChange Debt Charity - 0800 138 1111
    * National Debtline - 0808 808 4000
    * Money Advice Service - 0300 330 2222